Friday, July 10, 2020

Typhoid Mary Feels Fine

I feel great


I’ve never felt better


And you want me

To stop making SOUP?


I love soup


Don’t be ridiculous


I’ll make soup until I die


You don’t even know

What makes

People sick


It could be anything


It could be bugs

It could be mice

It could be witches


You’re in the dark

On this one


I’ll tell you what it isn’t though


It is not

Magical little invisible balls

That fall off my head

Into my soup


Aren’t you supposed

To be a SCIENTIST?

A doctor?

Same thing


All hooey


Hooey and frick-a-frack


That’s what my mother

Used to say

When she wasn’t

Beating me

With her shrimp ladle


She’d yell ‘Hooey’

Anytime some fancy man

Showed up at her door

Asking why all her children

Were covered in lice


‘Lice is good for ‘em’

She’d say

Letting the dog

Lick the batter bowl clean


‘It builds up their immunity!’


I’ve got the best immunity

You’ve ever seen

In your life


The other day

Frank the Chicken Plucker

Sneezed right in my mouth

And I haven’t had

So much as a sniffle


I’m as healthy

As an Irish splinter-picker

And twice as precise

And you think

I’m getting people

SICK?


Shame on you

Dr. Scientist


I should beat you to death

But I can’t

Because then I’ll work up a sweat

And sweat doesn’t go into the soup

Until after it’s finished

It’s third simmer


If you want to know

Why people are getting sick

I’ll give you the Dublin Catholic reason

Provided you can stand

To hear it


NOBODY’S SCARED OF JESUS

NO MORE


There, that’s your answer


And the reason

I’m fit as a Protestant

As they’re screwing

Their wife’s brother

Is because nobody

Fears the Lord

More than me


I walk by a church

And I get overcome

By stomach troubles


By the time I get to work

I’m practically expiring my bowels

From all ends

And I usually don’t settle down

Until after I’ve finished

Making the entrees


That’s how I know

I don’t have any illness

And I’ll thank you

To show yourself out

And don’t darken

This door

Again


The soup’s almost ready

And I got some sweating

To do

No comments:

Post a Comment