Sunday, December 20, 2020

The Wolf Tries to Convince the Sheep He’s Not a Wolf

What?

A wolf?

Are you--


Dana, are you kidding me?

Dana, you KNOW me


You KNOW me, Dana, I’m not--


Because of the teeth?


The TEETH?

Dana, have you been talking to Kristy again?


I just want to know where--


I just want to know where

This is coming from

Because we have never--


We’ve been dating for--what?


Two months now?


Three days, okay

Close enough


But you really think

That I’ve been hiding

A secret from you

For THREE WHOLE DAYS?

Dana, baby

Come on


You know me


You KNOW me, Dana


I’m a sheep

I’m--you know, sheep-ish


I got wool

I got all the right, uh

Clothing


I say ‘Bah’

Wolves howl

I ‘bah’

All I do is ‘bah’


Do you want to shear me, Dana?


Do you?


Is that what you want?


Because I’ll let you


So help me

I will go get the clippers myself

And you can shear me

In front of ALL our friends

And KRISTY

Who I know is eavesdropping on this--


Well then, who said it?


THE FARMER?

The Farmer told you I was a--


And you’re going to believe him
Over me?


Wow


Okay, Dana, that’s--


Wow


You know, I didn’t want to say this

But I’ve had people tell me

That you’re actually a wolf


No, no

I didn’t want to, but--


Yeah, I’ve had people

Pull me aside

And tell me

That under all that wool

You have a big tail

And a snout

And grey eyes

Which only wolves have

No other animal has grey eyes

And I just happen to know that

Because I know some random facts

About wolves

It doesn’t prove anything

But it’s just a fact


No, you know what, Dana?
I would love

To accept your apology

But I’m going to need some time


Like, two to three hours

At least

Before we go for a private walk

In the forest

Away from the rest of the flock


And that means I’m skipping dinner

Which means I’m going to be FAMISHED

By the time we’re ready to go

So if you hear my stomach growling

Just know that YOU did that


You’re the reason

I’m all grumbly, okay?


It just--


You know, it hurts my feelings, Dana


Because, yeah

I can be a little boisterous sometimes

But a wolf?


Me?


You know, I should go get

Some new eyes

Because clearly

I need to take

A better look

At you

No comments:

Post a Comment