Wednesday, December 16, 2020

What About

She’s in the living room

I don’t know

I don’t know, but--


She’s in the living room

She’s--


She’s pretty banged up

But, uh, she’s--


She’s okay, I think

She’s--


I made her some coffee

I had a pot on, and I, um--


I put that blanket around her

Like they do in the movies


She didn’t--


Well, she didn’t tell me not to

She didn’t say

She didn’t want the blanket

But I--


Are you coming home?


Yeah, I know


I understand, but--


I understand that

But I think for now--


Right


Right, well

I think for now

It might be a good idea

For you to, uh,

Stay in the city

And I’ll put her in the guest room

Before I--


No, I can’t

No, I’m not going to call the police


There’s really no--


Okay, I want you

To listen to me, okay?


There is no need

To call the police


Do you understand?


We don’t need

To call the police


I haven’t done anything

I’m just worried about

The woman

Who is sitting on the couch

In the living room

Holding a towel to her head

To stop the bleeding, so--


I’m a doctor

I think I can tell

When somebody
Needs stitches

And when they--


No


No, I do not want

You coming home


Stay where you are

Stay in the city

Go about your day, night

I don’t even know what--

Just stay there

And I’ll handle things here


Yes, I will call you

When this is all--


I don’t know

I don’t know about--


Well, I think you’d better

Go buy some more clothes

For the place in the city

Because all your work clothes are here

And I think it might be--


No, you don’t get it


No, no

You don’t get it


I don’t want you

Coming back here

Until I tell you

To come back here

Do you understand?


You’re going to stay there

And when I have dealt with this

And gotten this woman

To, uh, wherever she needs

To get to

Then I will call you

And we will talk about

Next steps


Do not worry

About the man

The man is--


At this point,

The man is the least

Of our problems all right


But I can’t have you here

And I certainly can’t have you here

While she’s here

And I think you know why, don’t you?


I hear that tone in your voice

That’s…


I know you’re trying

To get some control

In this situation

So let me be

Very clear

With you


There is no version

Of this

Where I ever

Give you

Control

Again

No comments:

Post a Comment