Wednesday, February 17, 2021

Crazy, Classic, Life

I requested the limo

Because I wanted

To disassemble myself

And spread my parts out

All along the length

Of my transportation


When my arms

And legs

And torso

Were placed

Throughout the back

Of the stretch

I opened the ceiling

Of the vehicle

And threw my head

Up in the air

So that I could see

The city I was passing by


My face caught the attention

Of a passing police car

Who pulled the limo over

And asked

How it was

That a dismantled android

Such as myself

Could possibly afford

To purchase

A ride in a limousine

For the evening


I explained to the officer

That I had managed

To secure enough currency

By investing in stocks

My algorithm determined

Would go up

Due to current national

Circumstances

And the officer felt

That might be illegal

But wasn’t sure


Sadly for me

A feeling from an officer

That something

Could be against the law

Was enough to secure

My disembodied head

A ride in the back

Of a police car


He allowed the other parts of me

To stay

Inside the limo

And the stretch followed us

To the station

Where my arms and legs

Tried to bail out

My head


As my head was sitting in the jail

Outside the world

Was celebrating


I had not heard

What there was

To be festive about

But I had noticed

That the cost of a limo

Was more expensive that night

Than it had been the previous night


It occurred to me

That some days

Most people wake up
And feel good

And they don’t know why

But they know enough

To go with it


Sometimes they engage

With that feeling

The way I did

By taking off their limbs

And seeing

What’s rusty

And what needs polishing


But when you start

Taking a look

At gears and screws

You run the risk

Of undoing yourself

In a way that makes it hard

To reassemble


When the police were done

Deciding what to do

With my head

They released it back

To my body

But by then

My body had expanded

Out of suppression

To become larger

Than the city

Because once you’re

Bigger than a building

What jail could contain you?


The police officer understood

His grave error

And in his mind

The mistake

Was not putting all my parts behind bars


But we were both

Unsure of our next move

As he had unleashed

A larger version of me

Into a city

Unprepared to have a bad night

And I had a head

Without a body

For it to maneuver


The limo was idling

Outside the station

Willing to let anybody in

Provided they could pay the cost

Of the night

No comments:

Post a Comment