Monday, February 15, 2021

I Love What You've Done with the Place

I love what you’ve done

With the place


I love the new floors

And I hated the old floors

And I love

What you’ve done

With the floors

And the ceilings

And the whole house


I love it


I love the cookies

And I love the cookie jar

And I’m not even wondering

Why the cookies

Aren’t in

The cookie jar


Because I don’t need

To know everything


I don’t even need

To know most things


I just like to know things

But if I can’t know things

Then I don’t need to

I don’t
It’s fine

I’m happy

I’m thrilled

I love you

And I love this place

And I love what you’ve done

With this place


You are so intelligent

With the way

You comprise

An aesthetic

And I don’t mind

The holes in the floor

Because the holes look new

So they go along perfectly

With the floors that are new

And the you that is new

You look so new

And I’m so happy

For the new you


I’m so happy

That you’ve taken apart

Everything in this house

Just so you can recreate it

In a lesser but newer way


Good for you

That takes a lot of delusion

And delusion is not easy

To bring about

Even if you, yourself

Are a delusional person

Which you might be

I think you might be

You could be

You could be delusional

I think

If you really, uh

Worked at it


Gosh, look at these lighting fixtures

They are so lovely


Not as lovely

As the ones

That used to be here

But they’re new

And new is new

And new is not old

And who likes old?

Nobody

Well, some people

But not me

I don’t--


Well, sometimes I do

But that’s not important


What’s important

Is that you made something

New here

And it couldn’t be newer

And even though

It won’t be new forever

It’s new right now

And it’s getting older

Every second

But until every second passes

This is all new

And I love how new it is

And I love how new you made it

And you made it, baby

You made it

You did it

You’ve done it

And I love

What you’ve done

With the place


Now what you’ve done

With yourself?


Well


You were born old

So there was never any way

You could ever be

Truly new

But you’re newer

And that’s…


That’s something

I think

You can be very

Very

Proud of


Now, show me the bathrooms


I have a feeling
I’m just going

To love them

No comments:

Post a Comment