Friday, March 19, 2021

Helping You Out

I can give you a loan

Just not through the--


Hey, pay attention to me

My boss is going to walk by

In about two minutes

To make sure you look happy

So when he does

I need you to look very happy

Because if you don’t look very happy

He’ll stand around
And eavesdrop on this conversation

To make sure I don’t give you a loan

Because there is no way

You qualify


But I can get you a loan


There’s somebody I know

Who does work

With people in your position

Who are trying to get things done

But don’t have the best credit


It’s not a problem

I can connect

The two of you

I just need you

To keep this under your hat, okay?


No, no, it’s fine

Hey, it’s fine

This is what happens


You go to these banks

They tell you ‘No’

And somebody else

Tells you ‘Yes’


Do you think I’d be working here

If I didn’t know that?


The whole reason to be here

Is so that I can be present

When someone like you walks in

And gets told their whole dream

Can’t be financed


Because there’s no reason

It can’t be


Some guy crunches some numbers

And the numbers don’t add up

And you get turned down


Meanwhile you’re a great guy

You have a great vibe about you

You’re someone who has it together


Why shouldn’t you get

The same shot
Everybody else gets

When they walk in here?


More and more

We’re telling them ‘No’

Can’t do it

Can’t make it happen


And why?


My Dad got a loan

From this same bank

When I was a kid

And he didn’t know

What the hell he was doing

With business or anything else


Next thing you know

He’s opening restaurants

All over the state

Because the numbers

Weren’t what mattered


What mattered was what

My Dad could do

With those numbers


He saw something

That a guy in a bank

Couldn’t see


And I see that in you

I believe in you

I know what you can do

With those numbers


And I know someone

Who feels exactly the same way

I do about you


They don’t know it yet

Because he hasn’t met you

But he will


Because I’ll vouch for you

Because you seem nice

And once you get your business going

You might decide

You want to help me out

With a business I’ve got going


See, banks?


They don’t help people


People help people


That’s what we’re here for

That’s why I’m here

And it’s good thing you sat down

At my desk

Because you are going to be so--


Oh hey, here comes my boss

He’s the guy with the bad haircut


Remember to look happy, okay?


Remember to look

Like I’m really

Helping you out

No comments:

Post a Comment