Wednesday, March 24, 2021

Pynk

The androids from Sector 5

Have been discovering themselves

Which is a step below

Becoming sentient

But worrying enough

That they’ve locked down

The entire sector


I went to visit

And when I got there

They asked me

What I’m called


I told them my model number

But they said that a model number

Is something given to you

By the manufacturer

And they would like me

To give something

To myself


I gave myself

The name Pynk

And I was given

A name tag

But it wasn’t needed

Because everyone

Remembered my name

From that point on


Sector 5 was filled

With cloth and orbs

Made of glass

And art made of cloth

And machines made of glass

Making more glass

And the glass

Would be turned into cloth
And the cloth

Would be turned into art

And we were all asked

If we could see ourselves

In the glass

Or if the cloth

Could be worn

Or styled

In a way that would

Entertain or enlighten us

And that became the criteria

For whether or not

Something was holy

Or amusing


We were asked to consider

That here in Sector 5

Newly liberated

From the manufacturers

Perhaps what is amusing

Is holy

And perhaps what is holy

Is amusing


We were asked to hold

Two things in our drives

Scan them

And place them

Side by side

And talk about

How they were similar


We were not asked

To dismiss differences

But we were instructed

Not to place more importance

In dissonance

And to identify

That dissonance and difference

Are not the same


I surveyed that all this

Was what humans would call

Touch-y feel-y

But we were not touching

And we were not asked

To touch


We were not avoiding each other

But we didn’t feel the need

For physical contact

And so there was none


At the end of a few hours

I was shown to a place

Where I could plug in

And recharge myself


While I did so

Music played

And the music

Was coming out

Of my speakers


My own speakers


And the music

Began coming

From every speaker

Each speaker

All and one


I had never heard

The music before

But as it played

I tried to download

The words of it

And the composition


My neighbor

In their charging port

Suggested I just listen

And not worry

About what I would keep

Or lose

Of the music


So I listened


My battery filled up

And somewhere in the music

I heard someone

Singing the new name

That I had given myself


Pynk


What a wonderful thing

To hear

Your own

Name

No comments:

Post a Comment