Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Every Under Over

I asked him where he'd go for me
And he said every under over

I said do you like me
Like I like you
Or are you over it already?

Is every guy that's ever been here
A distant memory
Underneath a blanket
At the back
Of your closet?

Or am I under the odds
Over the moon
And straight out of luck

With everyone looking
And laughing
And knowing
I'm going to wind up
Under nobody's skin
But my own

Every bad decision
Made under stressful pretenses
Threw me under the weather
Whether or not
I followed my heart
When you're lost
You're lost

And the cost of being romantic
Can drive you straight under
The gun

So when I ask you where you'd go for me
Say you'd go every under over

Say you'd get down
Say you're up for it
Say you're all over it

And or I'm heading out

Every time
I start to think
I got you
I get you
Throwing me a curve ball

Right over my head

So I'm looking for clues
Everywhere
Seeing if you've left something unturned
Under me

It's not that I'm crazy
I'm just tired
Of pretending
I'm okay

And it's a lot
I know it's a lot
It's been a lot

For everyone
I've ever met

But I hope it doesn't
Send you over

I hope

You understand

No comments:

Post a Comment