Friday, October 14, 2011

Napping

I am five
I am a boy
I am talking
I am talking about napping
Napping are…is…

Ugh

I am five
I am a boy
I am talking
I am talking about napping
Napping is the worst thing ever in the world

Napping was invented
By mean people
To stop kids from having fun
Even when they’re in the middle
Of a game of tag
And they’re not It
For, like, the first time in forever
And then everything has to stop
Because it’s naptime

Even though sometimes kids can be too old to nap
Like when they are five or twenty-six or a hundred
But my grandma is like a hundred and she naps all the time
So maybe not but that’s because she wants to
And so napping should just be if you’re a hundred
And you have nothing else to do
Like no tag games to play
Or bugs in jars to put in some girl’s lunchbox

…or something

When you nap
Your nose hair grows really long
And then you have to cut it off
Using special nose hair scissors
And this is gross
And nobody likes you
Until your nose is hair-free

Sometimes my Mom naps
Then she wakes up
And thinks it’s midnight
And tries to get me to go to bed
Even though it’s breakfast time
And I have to go to kindergarten
But sometimes I say ‘Okay’
Because I’m still tired
And she looks scary
With her hair all up and stuff
When she gets out of bed

My mother tells me not to talk about
What her hair looks like after she’s been napping
But sometimes when you talk
You talk about stuff
That makes people mad

And that’s called
Ohwelltoobadlifestough

That’s what my grandma says anyway
When she’s not napping

I like when my grandma’s awake
But my mom says she thinks my grandma should nap more
And I should too

If it were up to my mom
The whole world would just be one big napping place
And then nothing fun would happen ever

That’s why somebody should stop all naps forever

Starting…tomorrow

Because right now
It’s my bedtime

Boys who are five and talking
Have to stop talking
And go to bed

That’s what my mom says

Gee, it’s like if you’re not losing one battle
You’re losing another

No comments:

Post a Comment