Friday, October 14, 2011

What the Hell Happened to Your Mustache?

What the hell happened to your mustache?

Vincent, I am not dating you
For your sparkling personality
Your bubbly sense of humor
Or your stalwart intelligence

I am dating you
For your mustache

Did you not read
Teen Time Magazine this month?

Of course you didn’t
You’re a boy

All you’re concerned with
Are paintball tournaments
And burping in four-part harmony

That’s why you’re not aware
Of the cover of Teen Time this month

Holden Henderson from ‘Deep River’
Looking sultry and sensual
WITH a mustache!

Now everyone wants a boy with a mustache
And since you were the only boy in the school
Who wasn’t shaving his
I ran straight to your house
To snatch you up
Before Melanie Hurlington
Got to you first
And I do

Then I come into school today
And what do I find?

A CLEAN-SHAVEN FACE!

This is the worst kind of betrayal, Vincent

We had something better than a relationship
Something stronger than love or affection

We had a DEAL!

Now what am I supposed to do with you?

Grow back?

That’s the most you can say for yourself?

It’ll grow back?

That’s all well and good
But what am I supposed to do until then?

Go on dating you
For absolutely no reason?

I’ll have you know
That all of my boyfriends
Up until now
Have been closeted gay men
And if you think you’re going to destroy my record
You are sorely mistaken

By the time that mustache of yours grows back
Other boys will have mustaches

Melanie just announced on Facebook
That she’s dating Timothy Tinneman
And he already has a five o’clock shadow
In his latest default pic!

She must be feeding him hair growth enzymes

Maybe I could go on google and buy some from India then--

Oh why bother?

By the time they get here
Mustaches will probably be out of style
And then all I’ll have is a dumb straight boyfriend
Who looks like the cover of a Hall and Oates album

Hall and Oates?

Oh I don’t know
My Mom has their lunchbox
Displayed on our mantle
Next to my grandfather’s ashes

Yes, you can hold my hand, Vincent
But I’m only going to allow this for today
Because tomorrow we’re breaking up
And I’m starting a rumor
That Melanie let Timothy touch her boob
During Homeroom

That oughta put me back on top

At least until they release the pictures
From Spring Fashion Week

I hear guys with missing teeth
Are going to be the new It accessory

If that’s true
Then I’m going to need to talk to your brother, Vincent

Hey

At least I’m keeping it in the family

No comments:

Post a Comment