Wednesday, May 29, 2019

Pluto Decides

I just think I should be able to decide
Whether or not I’m a planet
You know?

Like, these scientists
Just keep going back and forth
About what I am
And who I am
And I just feel like--

Like that should be my journey
You know?

I’m on a path
An orbit
So to speak
And
You know
I don’t know
Where it’s taking me
But wherever that is
I just need to be on it
And whether it be
As a planet
Or, um, a moon
Or, like, a rock
A comet
A meteor
A speck
A spot
A--whatever

Whatever it is

I need to be open to it
And not just try to, you know
Put a label on it?

I mean, how many times
Have I gone around the sun?

How many times
Have I had
A black hole
Walk up to me
And be like--

Hey, sup?

And, like
Why do I allow that?

Why do I allow
The sun
And Mecurry
And Jupiter
And all the others
Be so distant from me
And just, you know,
Be so blase about it?

I am not blase
Blase is not me
I am not blah
I am a part
Of this solar system
And this Universe
Regardless of if I’m in the Big Nine or not

That is not all I am
And you know what?

Maybe I don’t want to be
One of nine

Maybe I want to be
One of one

An individual
A unique presence
In the cosmos

Where’s my voice, right?
Where’s my creative expression?

The other day
I saw a star implode
And, like, I just savored it
You know?

I just let myself be
In that moment
WIthout judging it
Without worrying
What was going
To come after it

Certainly not, you know
Thinking about--

Wow, am I experience this
As a planet or--?

No

No!

I am not doing that anymore

That is, in and of itself,
It’s own black hole, right?

It’s its own trap
For--for--for--

For getting lost
In the dark
Right?

That’s why I’d rather just say--

You know what?
I’m me
I’m Pluto
That’s who I am

And that’s great

That’s really great

I don’t have to be
Anything else

But that

No comments:

Post a Comment