Monday, May 27, 2019

Why You Can Hire Him

I can’t confirm
That I fired him
From Dallas Justice

I can only tell you
That you’re fine
To hire him
For Dallas Medical

You’re fine to do that
I can’t tell you
Not to do that
So do it
If you want
But he will not be working
On Dallas Justice
Anymore

Not because he’s been fired
But not because he hasn’t been fired
All I can say
Is that he won’t be working on the show anymore
But he’s free to work on your show
Even though your show
Is connected to my show
Because what happens on my show
Shouldn’t have any bearing
On what happens
On your show
And also
I don’t want this
To be a thing

I really
Really
Don’t want this
To be a thing

And it’s not a thing
Because nobody’s been fired

Nobody from Dallas Justice
Has even been fired

People have moved on
People have made decisions
People have decided to do things
That have resulted
In them
No longer being on
Dallas Justice

And it’s all amicable
It’s all great
We’re all happy
And if he wants to be on Dallas Medical
Or Dallas Educated
Or Dallas Firehouse
Or Dallas Boat Patrol

--I still don’t know how that one--

The point is
He can be on any of them
And I’m fine with it
It’s fine
I’m fine with it
It’s fine

I just can’t answer
Any questions
About whether or not
He was fired
Even though nobody’s
Ever been fired

I can’t confirm or deny anything
And I can’t tell you
Not to hire him
I can’t even tell you
That I would be displeased
If you did hire him

I can’t tell you
How I would feel
About anything
Anything you do

Even though my name
Is on your show

I can’t say how I’m feeling
Or how I’m feeling
About how I’m feeling

I can just say
That he is no longer working
On the flagship show
And if you think
It’s a good idea
For you
To hire someone
Who is no longer working
On the flagship show
Just so you can--what?

Get a little of that
Flagship magic?

That he no longer has
Because he is no longer
On the flagship, but--

If you think
You can get some of that
Just by having him--

I mean, let’s face it
If he were still working
On the flagship
You wouldn’t have been able
To hire him in the first place

That’s the funny part
About all this

I mean, none of it’s funny
None of it

But if something about it
Were going to be funny

That would be it, wouldn’t it?

I mean--

Wouldn’t that
Have to be

It?

No comments:

Post a Comment