Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Johanna's Good News

Darling, I have fantastic news

We're going to have a child!

No, I'm not going to have one

Don't be ridiculous

Do you have any idea how long that takes?

Years, Maynard, years!

But I'm expediting the process

I've found the most fantastic person to be our surrogate

Her name?

Oh, well...it's not a her

Well, don't panic, Maynard

There is a her

There has to be

We're not having this baby in a science fiction novel after all

What I mean is that I haven't met the surrogate mother

Only the surrogate father

His name is Charles and he works at the coffee shop I go to

Well, Maynard, I would be happy to have you be the father

But Charles' girlfriend wouldn't be comfortable with it

She doesn't want to have your baby

She just wants to have his baby, then give it to us

Charles and I look so much alike I'm sure nobody will know that the baby isn't mine

I just hope Chuck's wife doesn't find out

Hmm?

No, Maynard, I said his girlfriend was going to have our baby

I didn't say anything about his wife

Well, darling, it's not our place to judge

Besides Charles said his wife would NEVER give us a baby

So we're very lucky that he has a mistress

Now, I'm going to start picking out colors for the nursery

Talk about this?

Maynard, darling, haven't you been listening?

It's all been taken care of

I don't see why you always have to make things so complicated

No comments:

Post a Comment