Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Just Passing By

Stopped my bike at the corner
Saw your sign in the window
Should have let me in
Instead I saw you finger your cross
And your loss was apparent
But you still decided to keep me out in the dust
Where I couldn't bring my berries in

And it's because I had a bike, isn't it?
Or was it because you couldn't see me
Even when I was standing right in front of your mirror

You tasted my eyes before you felt my breath
You meant to say good-bye
But you climbed up instead
Wanted to ride my bike with me
Wanted to learn to ride with me

You were just gonna pass by me
Weren't you?

Instead you stand there
Behind your prayers
Waiting to go upstairs and kneel down
Not feel heat coming up from outside
Where me and my ride
Are just passing by

Just wanted to pick you up
And take you out
One last time

No comments:

Post a Comment