Tuesday, January 29, 2019

Wear Her Down

Okay, so you want me to talk about
That thing we were talking about before?

Yeah, I mean
It’s happened to me too

Or, like, I know someone
Who has a story like that so--

But, for the sake of, like, the show
We should probably--

Okay, so I have this girlfriend
And she--

She’s married now
She just got married, actually

To this guy

And, um, their story
Of, like, how they met
Is that--

She’s like--

Oh, we met and I really wasn’t into him
And then, he, like, showed up at my job
And kept bothering me
And really wore me down
And that just sort of did the trick

And she does say did the trick

Like, that’s not me paraphrasing or anything
She actually says did the trick

Um, and, you know
I’m very pro-women
I’m a feminist
And I believe that you can like
Whoever you want to like
And if you don’t like someone
You’re entitled--really, truly
To change your mind about that

But, um, what I want to say to her
My friend
And I haven’t
I haven’t said this
But
What I want to say to my friend is--

Please don’t tell that fucking story to anyone

Because, um
Your husband?
Fucking harassed you

Like, that’s what he did

And, um, you don’t want to tell other people
That that worked
Because what you’re doing
Is giving other guys
This, fucking, false hope or whatever
Or permission, I guess
That they can do it too

That, like, you can wear a girl down

Like, that’s partly where they’re getting this shit from

From women like my friend

And I’m not blaming women, obviously
But you said you have a story like that too
Your cousin or whatever?

Yeah, so, like
That’s a problem
That’s a big fucking problem

And--

Oh god, I would get in so much trouble
If I ever said this to my friend, but like--

She probably only likes him
Because--

Because this is how we’re trained to be
Women
You know?

In some respect

Like, a guy wants us
And we don’t like him
But, like, what right do we have
Not to like him, right?

Right?

So, like, instead
We let ourselves
Be worn down

And believe me
I feel that

I feel--I empathize
With a woman
When I hear she’s worn down

But, like, how fucked up is it
That we are now adopting that
That story of being worn down
As a fucking meet-cute?

Like, that is deeply upsetting to me

It should be
It should really be upsetting to everyone

Because men don’t get worn down

Most of them
Pretty much all of them

If they look at a woman
And they’re like--

Nope, not attracted to her

That doesn’t change
Unless the woman changes

But women?

Women look at a guy and go--

Yeah, no thanks

And we’re told to look again
And again
And again

Until we want that guy

Until we come around

Right?

That’s every fucking movie
Every teen movie

Girl looks at guy
Isn’t interested
And changes her fucking mind

It’s fucking pitiful

And these guys
These teenagers
Who watch these fucking movies

They think--

Oh, that’s the trick
Just wait her out
She’ll change her mind
The fucking supermodel will fall in love with me
The loser asshole who has nothing going for him
Because I’m nice

And, like, most of them aren’t even fucking nice
And they smell
And they don’t deserve whatever poor supermodel actress
Is playing the lead role

And I’m fine saying that
I’m just fine with it

I hope some woman
In the audience
Watching this
Is with a guy
Who fucking wore her down
And she hears this
And remembers
That she was never really into that guy
And that she doesn’t need to be into him now
And I hope she fucking leaves his ass
As soon as your show or whatever is done

That’s what I want

You tell me that happened
And I’ll be so happy
I agreed to do this
For you

No comments:

Post a Comment