Thursday, November 5, 2020

Free Xone

It’s going to be

A long flight


Compression

Can do interesting things

To a person’s

Willingness

To try

Something new


Transition

Can do that too

Being between

Two places


Is that you?
Are you

Between

Somewhere

And somewhere else?


I just love how

Out of every seat

On this plane

You and me

Wound up

Sitting next to each other

And right away

There’s a connection


I never take the aisle seat either

But I took the aisle seat

This time

And you’re in the middle

And the window seat is open


When is the window seat

Ever open?


You want to move down

Or you want to stay

How we are?


I like leaving that coveted seat

Open

Like there’s a ghost here

Watching us

Try not to flirt


You’ve never done

Anything like before

Have you?


You know, the stuff

You’ve never done

Is always the most fun

To do


You know what I’ve

Never done?


I’ve never gotten off a plane

With someone

I’ve just spent a red eye with

Gone to one of those

Charming-yet-sterile

Airport hotels

Gotten a room

Under a name that is not my own

And made myself very, very late

To wherever it is

I’m supposed to be going


But I’m open to it

I try to keep myself

Very open

Which is why I don’t fight

About things like

Taking an aisle seat

Or what the gender is

Of everyone I’ve slept with

Up to now


It’s good to stay open

Good for your health

Good for your overall disposition


Flying is scary

When you stop to think about it

Even with all the statistics

About the likelihood

Of the plane going down

The fact is

Just us being up here

Is a slap in the face

To nature, isn’t it?


We’re not supposed to be up here

We’re not supposed to be talking right now

We were strangers

Until I saw you

Walking to the gate
And decided I liked the way

You moved


None of this should be happening

But if we agree that it is happening

And that there’s no reason

To do anything about it

Other than have fun with it

Then you and I can get that room

And you can be very, very late

For your friend’s wedding

But you’ll still be there for the reception

If not the ceremony
And who wants to go to the ceremony anyway, right?


Don’t you want to be

That bad, bad person

Who shows up late

To a wedding

And they have that smell on them

That tells you

They’re showing up late

For the worst of all reasons?


I think that persona

Would look good on you


You have to try different ones on, you know


You have to be so many different people

To see which

You like

The best

No comments:

Post a Comment