Saturday, July 3, 2010

Kiss My Lips Then Break My Heart

I know just what you're going to say
I know how you're gonna phrase it
I know all your literary tricks
And all your simplistic logistics
And what makes you tick

You're gonna make me feel real good
Then give me all your bad news

You're gonna soften all your blows
And go with whatever works
Leave me for all the other jerks
That I know are standing by

You can let me down tonight
Just make sure the order's right
Before you start

Kiss my lips then break my heart

I know this time might be our last
So I'll make sure the mood's all fine
And when you're mine you're always gone
Only so long as it takes to fake a few laughs
On the behalf of some other boy

But all these toys don't come to much
You get hard with a softer touch

All the candles melted down
Before the phone remembered to ring
And you can bring me flowers tomorrow
Before the rationale sets in

I thought you'd at least show up
To honor the routine
But that must have been a dream
To think anything was sacred
To think you'd play that part

Thought you'd at least wanna kiss my lips
Then break my heart

Next time I'll quit before I start

Kiss my lips
Then break my heart

No comments:

Post a Comment