Monday, October 11, 2010

The Caveman Discovers Swearing

She said what?

Ah well, it's just a word

It's not like she hit you

She just said--

I understand she's your child, Krorg
But children say things

Remember when we tried to stop getting them to say things
By shoving wing thing eggs in their eggs
And they spit them out and kept talking anyway?

I think we learned something that day

Children like to talk...and breathe

They need to breathe

Which isn't always convenient

Teaching them to swim to the bottom of the Great Water
To fetch fish eggs would be a lot easier if--

POINTY TEETH!
POINTY TEETH!

EVERYBODY HIDE!

...It got Bob

Dammit

Well at least now we know it CAN smell us
Even if we don't shower for eight weeks

Anyway, back to the subject

Your daughter said 'Go what yourself?'

Ahhh...yes, that word does sound bad

But it sort of sounds fun too

Can I say it?

Well why can't? I'm not your daughter

Krorg, I'm not going to tell you to go do it to yourself
I'm just going to say it
Or I could say that I should go do it to myself
Or I could end 'ing' at the end of it
And then it'll just be a harmless verb
That means absolutely nothing

You see--it's all about context, Krorg

Remember when we invented context yesterday?

It was for situations like these

Now, just explain to your daughter
That for some unknown reason
You don't like that word
And she'll stop saying it
And then nobody will ever say it again

...As soon as I'm done saying it

Krorg, my wife just left me for a man who hasn't evolved past gills yet
And that iceberg we've been chipping away at to make snowcones
Is melting at a rapid rate

Excuse me if I think bad words
Are the least of our worries

No comments:

Post a Comment