Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Karen's Cold Feet

Kah? Kah, you in there?

Your Dad says you got cold feet

I said, Don't I know it
Sleeping with her is like dipping your toes
In a snowbank every night

Your Dad didn't find that too funny, babe

Look, I'm scared too, okay?

I mean, this is only your first time

I've been married two times before
Trust me, you don't know how bad it can get

My last marriage fell apart at the reception
When I got drunk and told my mother-in-law
She was going to put the open bar out of business

Man, that woman had a right hook on her

But look, babe, the only thing that matters
Is that we love each other
And that the deposit on the hall is non-refundable

I know you're not sure about forever
But that's because you can't be sure about forever
You can only be sure about today

And I'm sure about today, Karen
I'm really sure about today

So can't you come out of the ladies room
And be sure with me?

Please?

Okay, well...

I'm going to sit down right here

And when your feet warm up
I'll be waiting

No comments:

Post a Comment