Friday, October 29, 2010

I'm Going to Kiss That Boy

I've got news for you

I'm going to kiss that boy

And when I do

Oceans will explode over oceanfront towns
Mushrooms will drown in brown sorts of sauces
And bosses will fire employees in mass

The last thing I'll do
Before I screw up one more time
Will be to find that boy
And kiss him

And every prediction made
By hating people protected by Gothic steeples
Will come true and prove
That kissing a boy you were meant to kiss
Is giving into bliss that will inevitably shatter
The better part of eternity

The country will fall
And all of us will find ourselves
Outside a run-down diner
Trying to mine our memories
Before the regrets slip down upon us
Like leaves from trees
Believing we could release ourselves
From time's natural progression
Succession into adulthood a questionable feat

But believe me, I can believe in this
I'm going to kiss that boy

I'm going to find him a star covered sky
And a tree by a lake
And a soft spot to fall
To land ourselves on
We'll be gone before too long
And nobody knows how long too long is
So before I find out
I'm kissing him

And when I'm done, we'll see
What's left
For me
To believe

No comments:

Post a Comment