Friday, October 1, 2010

Plus One

Melanie?

This is Caroline

Yes, I got the invitation!

Thank you sooooooooo much

I'm--wow, there really isn't even a word for it.

You're getting married and I'm...you're getting married!

But listen, I think there was something wrong with the invitation

Oh no, sweetie, don't worry
I'm sure it's just incorrect on mine

You see, there isn't a plus one on here

You know, for me to bring a guest

A guest

Someone who will come with me to your...wedding

Well, I realize that, but just because I'm not dating anyone seriously doesn't mean I won't be by the time your wedding rolls around...

...If it rolls around...

Hmm? No, I said 'when'--'When' it rolls around

So should I just a plus one to this and--

The singles table?

Melanie, why would I--

Why--

Why does there even need to BE a singles table?

Surely, all of your friends can find dates in NINE months

We're not gargoyles, Melanie, we're just single

Well, I don't know, Melanie
Maybe I'll bring a drifter
Or a circus clown
Or a recently released convict

There are no end to the possibilities

But I'll tell you one thing

I bought you the most expensive thing
On that Forbes 500 hundred list you call a bridal registry
And if you want that gift
I get my plus one

Do we understand each other?

Fantastic

Hmm?

Oh, uh, I'll have the fish

Put my date down for the beef

I get the feeling he's going to be a beefy sort of guy

No comments:

Post a Comment