Friday, October 1, 2010

The Liberty Bell

Matt, I need you to go to the store
And get me a bell

A giant bell

Well, honey, it's Stephen
He wants to be the Liberty Bell for his class project

Oh, I don't know
He likes liberty, I guess

What?

No, he can't be the Statue of Liberty
She's a woman

At least, I think she's a woman

She looks like a woman

Hang on a second--

STEPHEN?!?!?

IS THE STATUE OF LIBERTY A WOMAN?!?!?!

Okay, apparently his friend Stacey is going as the Statue of Liberty
So it's a non-issue anyway

Hmm?

I don't know

Doesn't Target sell giant bells?

Oh, but it needs to have a crack in it

Oooh! Find one with a crack in it
Maybe they'll give you a discount!

Okay, well then just find a regular giant bell and we'll make the crack ourselves

I SAID WE'LL MAKE THE CRACK OURSELVES!

Why are you laughing?

Oh, hahaha, you're a sick man, honey.
That's why I married you

By the way, he needs to ring

Stephen, he needs to ring.

Well, it's a bell, Matt
It rings

I don't think the crack stops it from ringing.

Matt, stop laughing!
We have a day to put this together!

Tomorrow is National Monument Day at school
And I want him to win the costume contest

I think our only competition is Marcy Pendergrabber
She's going as Old Faithful

I guess she walks out quietly
And then every once in awhile spits water out of her mouth

Well, you have to admit, Matt, it's pretty clever

Okay, I have to go

I have to help Jen with her science project

That reminds me--

Can you find me a frog that's been affected by global warming?

Well, I don't know, find one with a tan.

Well, you're going to Target anyway
See if they have one there

And we need chips, too.

And remember--

I love you, honey.

But don't forget the bell.

No comments:

Post a Comment