Sunday, February 9, 2020

Andrew Yang

I try to go over there
But my aunt jumps down your throat
If you’re not for Warren
And my uncle is for Biden
And my cousins are split
But I’m for Yang
And I’m, like, fringe
Even though they have no idea
Why I’m fringe

They always boil it down to--

Because he’s going to give you
Free money

Which is just the Cliff Notes version

They’ll all talk about
How unfair the media treats people
But the media labels people fringe
And then everybody’s relieved
Because it means
There’s one less person
They have to research

That’s all they want the media for
To tell them who to take seriously
As a candidate
And who not to take seriously
And that’s after 2016
When the media was telling us
Not to take someone seriously
While
At the same time
Giving that person endless coverage
But like
I guess
For the entertainment value?

Because they were like--

He’s a joke
But here’s forty-eight
Continuous hours of him

Just so you know
I researched Warren
I researched Biden
I did my homework
On Sanders and Pete
And all these people
And I decided the one I was pulling for
Was Yang
And I know
I know
That nobody else I know
Did that kind of homework
But I still get judged
Because I--
I guess I didn’t land on
The acceptable conclusion

And the other day
Some girl online was like--

Sell me on Yang

Sell you on my candidate?

Fuck you

Like, that’s not my job
That’s your job
To research or not research
And I don’t care
If you do research
Or if you don’t want
To do research
But don’t tell me
To do the hard part for you
It’s your vote

And how nuts would I have to be
To try to sell you
On a candidate
You’ve already decided
You’re never going to vote for?

Let’s just call it

Most of these people
Knew exactly who
They were going to vote for
Before we even got to the primaries
And now they’re acting
Like they’re so open-minded
When the reality is
If someone came out of the blue
And you hadn’t heard of them
And the media
The news
Was like--

This person is a joke

You’re going to listen to that
Or at least
You’re going to be influenced by it
And if you talk about
What it takes
To get somebody
To go from their candidate
To another candidate
I mean, it’s just--

It’s impossible

So I just keep my opinion
To myself
And then when I go in the voting booth
I pick who I want
And you know
You all better be careful
Because you might think you know
How things are going to shake out
But not everybody
Talks to pollsters
And not everybody is screaming
About who they’re supporting
And people can still surprise me

It always shocks me
How people underestimate
How easy it still is
To have somebody

Surprise you

No comments:

Post a Comment