Saturday, February 8, 2020

Bernie Sanders

We can’t even talk about it anymore
Because I just--

I just get too upset

All he has to do is say Biden
And I lose my mind

And, like, secretly
I know exactly what this is about

Biden reminds him of him
And I think--

If anything, I think that discounts
My dad’s opinion

If you’re voting for someone
Because they’re your age
Or they seem the most like you
That should be a sign
That your criteria
Is all messed up

I’m twenty-four years old
And I have nothing--

I mean, on the surface
There’s nothing similar
About me and Bernie Sanders
And I’m still supporting him
So yes, I feel like I’m standing on--

I feel like
I’m on more solid ground
Because of that
When I say
He’s who I want

You have all these people
Coming up with these warnings of--

They won’t vote for Bernie
These white voters
These white voters that’ll flip
If we give ‘em Biden

I’m not giving them Biden
I’m not--

Like, can I swear or--?

Eff those guys
You know?

Somebody betrays you
Betrays their country
Elects a Nazi
And we’re all sitting here going--

Gee, how do we win them back?

I don’t want to win them back

This isn’t a difference of opinion kind of thing
This is a large chunk of America
Showing its true colors
And pundits being like--

How are you going to meet these people
Where they are?

I don’t know, Chris Matthews
You tell me how to meet racism
Where it’s at
Because I don’t know
I wouldn’t know
How to do that
Sorry

There is no hope without expanding the base
And that’s what Bernie can do

He can get people to vote
That haven’t
And maybe flip some people
Who went to Trump last time
But that’s not the important thing

The important thing is
If we don’t get people excited again
We’re, you know, we’re effed

And nothing--

It’s not like with Obama
Where it was just seeing someone
And hearing someone
Who looked and sounded different
And that was enough
To get everybody really into the process
And into politics

People are more jaded now
You have to give them more

You have to give them somebody
Who’s talking about
Who’s talking about
Totally breaking up the system

You have Biden going--

These people are trying
To destroy the system

Fuck yes, we’re trying to destroy the system

Dude, have you seen the system?

What would you suggest we do with it?

Treat it like a racist
And try to work with it

Try to meet the system
Where it is?

Yeah, I don’t think so

Nobody’s showing up
To work with racists

Nobody’s going to get excited

To do that

No comments:

Post a Comment