Tuesday, April 14, 2020

Annie from the Orphanage

Hello Everyone!

I am so happy we could do this

I know you kept asking me
And I kept saying--

‘Maybe, maybe’

But now that I have no reason
To not do this
I’m so excited
That I have to

The truth is, I just didn’t realize
That you all enjoyed your time
So much at Hannigan’s orphanage

I know, for me, um
It was pretty--depressing

I mean, it was an orphanage

I don’t know if there any
Happy orphanages out there
But I know ours was--

Not one of them

Oh sure, there was singing
And dancing
But we were only allowed to do it
While scrubbing floors
So it kind of took the joy
Right out of it for me

That has a long-lasting impression, you know

To this day
The minute I hear a showtune
I’m down on my hands and knees
With a bucket and a rag
Tears streaming down my--

So how are you all of YOU doing?

I follow Pepper on Instagram
But the rest of you--

By the way, Pepper
I’m surprised you didn’t change your name

I always thought Pepper
Was more of a nickname
Not necessarily a name
You’d take with you
For the rest of your life

I figured after med school
You’d change it
But, uh, since you didn’t
I gotta know--

Do you patients call you
Dr. Pepper?

Hahahahaha

My kids told me
Not to do that joke
But I’ve been waiting a long time, so…

Uh, things are going well with me

I took over the company
From Daddy Warbucks
And we shifted into a cosmetics company

As you can see
I managed to get the hair
Under control
Or I did
Until we weren’t allowed
To go to salons anymore
And I ran out of our flagship product
Because we import it from overseas
So now I might as well
Put on the red dress
And sing about my biological parents
Because I’m retrogressing FAST

Hahahahaha

I had three children
All daughters
All teenagers
Send help

They’re, uh, I wouldn’t say
They’re spoiled
But they do complain a lot
Because I won’t let them each
Have their own maid

I was hoping this time
Could be beneficial to us
Because we’ve had to lay off
Most of the housekeeping staff
And the girls really need to be, uh
You know, humbled

I tried putting on music
To see if I could get them
To clean the kitchen
But it turns out
That tic doesn’t run in the family

The other day I tried telling them
About what it was like
Back at the orphanage
Before I got adopted
And they were like--

Mom, you’re not allowed
In this wing of the house
This is MY wing!

Hahaha kids are...kids, right?

So that’s what’s going on with me

Oh, and also
The company bought Sweden last week

I’m not sure if that makes me
The President or something
But it’s very excited

Maybe we could all take a trip there
When all this is over

I mean, maybe all of YOU should
I’m going to be so busy with--things

With--whatever there is to do
Once all this is over

For now I’m just trying
To keep a positive attitude

If nothing else
There’s always

Tomorrow

No comments:

Post a Comment