Saturday, January 31, 2009

25 Random Things About Mrs. Brugel

-- Why should real people get to have all the fun? --

25 Random Things About Me!

Eleanor Euphralia Brugel

1)  I can't start my day without Diane Sawyer on Good Morning, America.  What a cougar!  Oh, wait, she might be a tad too old to be a cougar--What a lemur!  A leopard!  A Peruvian coyote!

2)  When I was a child, I dreamed of hunting down immigrants and throwing them back over the fence into God Foresaken Land.

3)  My favorite board game when I was a child was Candyland.  My brothers used to dress me up like the Gay Candy Cane Man whenever we played, and I didn't realize until I was older that it was NOT traditionally done when playing.  Hahaha...oh the memories.

4)  I teach third graders, or as I like to say, I open young doors, shove knowledge through them, and then run away to bingo!

5)  When the newest season of "The L Word" comes out on DVD, I turn off my cell phone, close the curtains, and open a fresh box of wine.  That Monday back at school is always the worst of the year.

6)  I can speak Portuguese--Brazilian Portuguese though, not the regular kind.  Sidenote:  When you a meet a girl at Carnivale, never bring her home with you.  You're not really in love, you're just telling yourself that you are.

7)  Puppet shows are my passion.  I can make puppets out of just about anything--socks, paper bags, 100 calorie pack boxes, and/or poorly made dioramas.  Once, I took Skip Toddy's diorama of "The Plant That Ate My Socks" and did a puppet show called "Mrs. Brugel Always Knows When You're Half-Assing Your Diagram," but I bleeped myself on the a-word.

8)  I'm allergic to cats, dogs, guinea pigs, furry toys, salons, barbershops, and especially hairy men.

9)  Everyday for breakfast I eat two munchkins and a kernel of popcorn.

10)  I once told a child that Santa wasn't real because she told me she didn't like my earrings.  I call that an important lesson in candor, and how it can sting.

11)  My last birthday party took place in Cabo with my partner, and it was what some might call--a brouhaha.

12)  My lucky number is 2.5.  It's how many times a week I get lucky.  Hahaha...but seriously.

13)  The first production I ever directed was "Cooper the Pirate King."  That was back when I taught kindergarteners.  Some say the method is too intense to use on five-year-olds.  I say--it's never too early.  Although I do regret the pillaging of Mrs. Wheeler's first grade classroom, and the throat-slitting of her hamster.  The kids got a little carried away, I'm afraid.

14)  I broke my mother's vase because she wouldn't let me leave the house to go hang out at the mall.  Although, that was a week ago, and I'm over it now.

15)  My partner says if we can't move out of my mother's house soon, she's going to leave me.  In those moments, I imagine that her head is just a talking jar of peanut butter, because who can't laugh at that?

16)  I've starred in dozens of community theater productions, some of them in actual theaters.

17)  I recently directed a production of South Pacific that was my finest achievement, or it would have been if they hadn't shut us down when somebody who no longer has use of their right arm forgot to acquire the rights in a timely manner.  Ohhhhhh well...

18)  To me, nothing says love like footrubs.

19)  I believe in teaching sex education, see my entry regarding my love of puppets.

20)  I find Hannity strangely erotic.  O'Reilly?  Not so much.  Maddow?  I'd need another box of wine and an extra sick day when Monday rolls around--hahaha--don't tell my partner that.

21)  I once had a camel spit on me.  I've repressed everything else about that memory.

22)  I've been Stevie Knicks on Halloween seventeen times!  That's got to be a record, right?  STAND BACK!  Hahaha!

23)  A dramatic role I've always wanted to tackle is Emily in Our Town.  Some say I'm too old to do it now, but I say you're never too old to grab your dream and suffocate it with talent!

24)  I recently found out that Pick Your Nose day doesn't actually exist.  Never take the word of a third grader who hates you regarding holidays.

25)  My favorite word is bum.  Like when you're writing about how a drum sounds and you write "Bum BUM Bummmmmmmmm."  It's so open to interpretation, just like art.  Don't you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment