Tuesday, January 27, 2015

A Bright Candle in a Dark Room


You’re a new shirt on a special day
You’re a warm blanket on a cold bed
You can tie my tie
You can fix my hair
And I know who you are
And I know you’ll be there

You’re a good book on a beach towel
You’re a snowball fight when you’re too old for one
You’re popcorn on a movie night
You know me too well
And just right

You know all my jokes
And my fears too
You’re the best thing
That I’ll ever do

You’re a long laugh
When I’m in a sad way
You’re the cake and coffee
On my birthday

You’re the last puzzle piece
And I know I’m done
It’s not just love
It’s a lot of fun

It’s like every day
You take one of my mistakes
You take a look at it
And it fades away

You’re a bright candle
In a dark room

Something clear
That I can look to

I can go to sleep
Knowing how you’ll burn
And when you’re tired
It’ll be my turn

No comments:

Post a Comment