Tuesday, June 11, 2019

I Do (Cherish You)

Justin from 98 Degrees
Was a full-on
Serial killer

Now, I have absolutely
No proof of this

But I realized it
The same way people realize
They need to give their lives
To god

It was a calling
Except in this case
It was a screeching
Like screeching tires
Or the sound of someone
Trapped underneath a house

I was watching the “I Do (Cherish You)” video
And every time he would come on
My blood would run cold
And I would have the sensation
Of a million ants
Crawling all over my body

The next day at school
I kept asking everybody
If they got the same vibe from him
That I did
And they were all like--

Ohhh, I mean, he’s not my favorite
But he seems fine

That was when I figured out
That the perfect place
For a serial killer to hide
Was in a boy band

Why do you think they gave him
All the creepy talking parts
In songs?

Remember when creepy talking
Was what we used in music
In place of a bridge?

Jesus, the 90’s were terrifying

Serial killers were lurking
In wedding songs
And everybody was too preoccupied
Over whether they liked
Drew or Nick more
To care

By the way, Jeff was hotter
Than Drew and Nick
So there shouldn’t have even
Been any real debate

98 Degrees haunted me
Justin haunted me
That song haunted me

Every time one of my girlfriends
Would get married
It was always “I Do (Cherish You)”
Played at their weddings

Long after that song was popular

And whenever it would come on
Everybody would ‘Ooh’ and ‘Ah’
At the bride and groom
And I’d be looking around
To see if Justin was going to jump out at me
From behind the dj

In some ways it’s lucky
To have your archenemy identified for you
Early on in life

It helps steer your path
And cements who it is
You really want to be

I became a detective
So I could hunt down
The demons who stay
In plain sight

Demons like Justin from 98 Degrees
And Kevin from Backstreet Boys
And Chris from N’Sync
And Joey from N’Sync
And Lance from N’Sync
Because, yes, serial killers can be gay

It can be tough
When everyone else around you
Is like--

You’re stuck in the past
Move on
There are other cases to solve

Why do you keep saying
There are hidden messages
In ‘Invisible Man?’

BECAUSE THERE ARE HIDDEN MESSAGES
IN ‘INVISIBLE MAN’

Fighting evil isn’t easy
That’s my message for you

And while you’re fighting it
It puts on a tuxedo
Smirks a little bit
And gives you a wink

All to let you know
That if you haven’t caught it yet
You might never catch it

And knowing
That isn’t going to stop you
Not one bit

No comments:

Post a Comment