Friday, June 26, 2009

The Holy Men

Sit down, sit down
Sit yourself down
Have a seat
Take a seat
There you go

You old bastard

You look like Hell
Have a seat
What's your rush
You're dead, aren't you?

Well, aren't you?

Yes, you are
Goddamn you
And you're ugly too
Dead and ugly
Which is a shame
Which is a damn shame

Sit down, already
And take your coat off
It's not cold
It shouldn't be cold
Are you cold?
I can have Mavis turn up the--

MAVIS! TURN THE GODDAMMED HEAT ON!

Jesus Christ, Mavis
You'd think we were poor
We're not poor
We're goddammed angels
We should have heat
When we want it

Never mind her
Deaf as a goddammed chipmunk
Can't hear a thing
Not a damn thing
Shame, really
It's a shame

They put us in this section
Because we're holy
We're holy men
Former holy men
I guess you could say
Since there's no point
Being holy up here

All the dead popes
Get put in the same place
That way we don't have to deal
With the riff raff
The common folk do

Hey, did they let you keep your ring?
Because I didn't get to
I got up here--no ring
And I loved that ring
Dammit I loved that ring
I have some photos of it
But I can't find the actual thing
And I think they might have taken it from me
When I showed up

Yeah I think they took the ring
Goddam thieves
Call themselves gatekeepers
Gatekeepers my ass
I didn't see any gate
Did you come through a gate?

MAVIS! IT'S FREEZING IN HERE!
THE POOR GUY IS FREEZING!
HAVE SOME GODDAMMED MERCY!

She's retarded
I mean, really
She really is
It's a shame
It truly is

Aren't you glad you were a pope?
Aren't you glad you were good in life?
So that you don't have to deal
With the idiots they throw in G-Pop?
Believe me, that's a hellhole

It may not be Hell
But it ain't my kinda heaven
I'll tell you that much

Do you want a beer?
We can drink beer now
It's allowed
No more holy wine
Thank Christ

Huh?

No, no I never asked
I just assumed
I have faith
Right?

Isn't that the whole point?

Although I guess you could say
What good is faith to me now, right?
Right?

Now

I don't need faith anymore
I don't need much of anything
Just a nice cold beer
And some company

No comments:

Post a Comment