Sunday, June 28, 2009

What I Did Today

I made a panda today
It wasn't a particularly good panda
A little on the skinny side
People tend to like their pandas chubby
But at the end of the day
They're still an endangered species
So it's something
It's something
I would say

Yesterday I made a geode
I don't really know what that is
People think because you're omnipotent
That you know everything
But you really don't
You know how to do things
Lots of things
Some might say everything
But the implications of everything
Of even the word 'everything'
Are more than I can understand
So who knows if I can actually do everything
Or even a tenth of everything

I do know I can make a geode
I made one yesterday
I can't say whether or not
It was a particularly good geode
But it was, in fact, a geode

I do things every day
But they're not all necessarily great things
I don't make mountains every day
I don't make rivers every day
I don't make star formations every day
That stuff takes time
Lots of time
So in the meantime
I have to do little things

Last week I made a fig tree
Not a full-grown fig tree
Just a mini-one
Sprouting up from the ground
A little fig tree
That in my mind I named Tobias

It's cool being me, I guess
I guess it's impressive
Making pandas and trees
And rain and inlets

But...

I'm not going to lie to you
I get bored
I get bored with geodes
I mean, who wouldn't?

I keep wanting to make a tornado
But it's not tornado season
I mean, somewhere
It's tornado season
But not anywhere I want to go

And I keep saying tomorrow
Tomorrow I'll do it
Tomorrow I'll make something spectacular
Tomorrow I'll be God

Won't that be something?

No comments:

Post a Comment