Thursday, January 4, 2018

Fine to Drive

I’m fine to drive

I shouldn’t walk
But I’m fine
To drive


I shouldn’t use my phone
I shouldn’t even look at my phone
I shouldn’t be anywhere near a phone

But I’m fine
I’m fine
To drive


Can I make it home?

Yes


Should I make it home?

No...


Probably not


Probably
Probably
Probably


Not


But I’m fine

I’ll be fine

I’ll get to work on time
I’ll be productive
I’ll be clever

I’ll say smart shit
That’ll really
That’ll really
That’ll really make for some--


Break people up
Make a few people laugh


Tell a joke
So-and-so
Can tell to Mrs. So-and-So
When he gets home
To So-and-So
After a long day of--


What?


I’m fine


I told you
I’m fine


Believe me
Believe me or we’re heading
Towards a a a a a a a

We're not looking good

And I gotta
I gotta
I gotta tell you


I’d love a good argument
A confrontation
Right now


In case you haven’t noticed
I have been searching all night
For a confrontation


And instead
I found alcohol

But I would have much
Much
Much
Preferred--


A confrontation


But I’m, you know, fine


I mean I’ll live


What other choice do I have?


I know I’m not at the end of anything
It’s just an endless beginning


But I’ve done my chores
I took out the trash
I cleaned the tub
I did the laundry
I folded all the clothes
And put them away


Nobody
Nobody
Nobody


Would say I’m anything other
Than a responsible adult


And that I
Am
Fine


Fine to make choices
Fine to make bad choices
Fine to make a bed
And fall asleep
On top of it
So I don’t have to make it again
Tomorrow


I can take these keys
And hop in a car
And make it all the way home
And that’ll prove something, won’t it?

To you
To me
To whoever decides
Whether or not
Somebody
Is losing--


Losing


Losing--


Something?


Did I lose something?
Did I?

Is it lost?
Am I lost?


Am I?
Am I? Am I?

Did I…

Am I…


...Lost?


Yes


But I’m fine


It’s--

I’m fine


I shouldn’t be doing anything, you know
There’s…


There’s nothing
I should be doing
But…


But…


But..


To drive?


Can I--


Can I drive?


Sure


Oh sure


I’m fine to drive


But, you know, it’s...it’s…


It’s more about…


You know...

It's...

Where am I going to go?

No comments:

Post a Comment