Sunday, January 7, 2018

Questions for a Senator's Wife

Did I know he was with that woman on November the 8th?
Did I know he was at a motel not a hotel?
Do I have any feelings about it being a motel not a hotel?
Wasn’t I at a hotel nearby? 
Was I eating dinner by myself?
Was I with another man?
Did we have an open marriage?

 
Or was I home?
Was I home?
Was I home with our two children?
How do I feel?
How am I doing?


Do I think he should resign from office?
Do I think he’s a hypocrite?
Do I think men who tout ‘family values’ then cheat on their wives are hypocrites?
Do I think all men are hypocrites anyway?
Do I think all men cheat in one way or another?
Do I think giving that woman his grandmother’s ring--a family heirloom--was especially heinous?
Was that especially insulting to me?
How do I feel?
How am I holding up?


Am I mad?
Am I depressed?
Have I attempted suicide?
Have I struck him?
Has he ever struck me?
Has he been a bad husband aside from the infidelity?
Do I believe that infidelity is all it takes to make someone a bad husband?

Is this an isolated incident?
Has he ever cheated before?
Would I know if he had cheated before?
Do I think he has a problem?
A predilection?
An addiction?
A fixation?
A problem?


Has he ever looked at young girls on his computer?
Has he ever had a woman approach him in public and claim he fathered her child?
Has he ever suggested we have a three-way with a waitress at our favorite local restaurant?
Have I ever looked at his phone?
Have I ever looked at his phone and found something I didn’t like?
Have I ever thought about hurting him?
Have I ever thought about hurting myself?
Have I ever thought about hurting our children to hurt him?
How am I doing?
Am I okay?


When was the last time I had sex with him?
When was the last time I had sex with my husband?
How was the sex?
Was the sex good?
Did he climax?
Did I?
Did we say that we loved each other?
Did we then immediately fall asleep?
Did we stop halfway through and give up because we were too tired?

During his campaign, did we ever fight?
Was his campaign a strain on our marriage?
Was our marriage strained to begin with?
Did he ever call me a ‘fucking cunt’ in front of his entire staff when I refused to do photo op number thirty-four because I was exhausted and my hair looked like shit?
What do I think my hair looks like now?
Am I exhausted now?
Am I hungry?
Have I eaten?

How are things?
Am I hanging in there?


What do I know about this affair?
Have I ever met this woman?
Do I know her?
Have we ever been in the same place?
Is it true that she and I had a history of our own?
Is it true that we were friends at one point?
Could we even have been best friends?

Or is she a stranger?

And is one worse than the other?

Did I hear what she called me in the press?
Do I know that people find me to be cold?
Do I know that I come across as bitchy?
Am I aware that the poll numbers are better for the mistress than for the wife?
And am I surprised by that?
Am I embarrassed by that?
Am I embarrassed by any of this?

Do I know that I don’t come across as being embarrassed?
Do I think I should have a reason to be embarrassed?
Do I know I shouldn’t be embarrassed?
Do I know I don’t seem to be?
Am I going around in circles?
Do I feel like I'm going around in circles?
Do I?
Do I?
Do I?

How am I doing?
How are things?
How’s everything?
How am I doing?
How are the things that I'm doing?
How is everything?

How am I holding up to everything that I'm doing?

Am I unraveling?
Do I sound like I'm unraveling?
Do I feel like I'm unraveling?

Do I think unraveling is a good word to describe where I am at this moment in my life?


Do I believe my marriage will survive this?
Do I want my marriage to survive this?Have I spoken to my husband?
Will I speak to him?
Have we talked about this?
Have we gone over all the gory details?
 
Did I see the photos?
Do I want to see the photos?Did I know there were photos?
Have I heard about what was in the photos?


Will I divorce my husband?
Will we separate?
Am I worried about traumatizing the children?
Do I think the children are already traumatized?
Do I think the children know what's going on?

Do I think there's any chance the children don't know what's going on?
Do I know how many Senator’s wives leave their husbands when something like this happens?
Am I aware that it's a low number?Am I aware that it’s very low?
Am I aware that it’s almost zero?
Am I aware?
Am I aware?
Am I aware?

And how am I doing?


Have I cried?
Have I answered the phone?
Have I showered?
Have I spoken with my children?
Have I told them all about how their father fucked up?
Have I asked if they’ve met this woman?
Have I prepared myself for what that answer might be?
Do I have a nanny?
Do I think I have a right to a nanny?
Do I know that most women don't have nanny's?
Do I feel guilty about having a nanny?
Do I think that if I didn't have a nanny none of this would have happened?
Do I think I'm a bad mother?


How am I doing?
How are things?


Did I see this coming?
Do I feel like a fool for not seeing this coming?
Should I have seen this coming?
Did I trust my husband?
Did I ever really trust my husband?
Should any woman trust her husband?


Do I love him?
Do I still love him?
Did I love him before this?
Did we love each other?
Did we ever love each other?
Did I ever love him?

Do I blame him?
Do I blame myself?
Do I blame her?
Do I blame his career?
Who do I blame?

And how’s everything?
And how am I?
And how are things?


What am I doing?
What should I do?
What’s going on?
What’s next?
What’s the plan?
What can I say?
What can I say?
What can I say?

And how will things be?
And how will I be?
And how should I answer these questions?

How?
How?
How?

Is there a right way to do this?
Is there something I should do?
Should I know what to do?


And what can I say?


What should I say?


Does anybody know?
Does anybody know?
Does anybody know?

Does anybody know--

What I should say?

No comments:

Post a Comment