Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Bed Hopper

--  Influence #12:  This is going to have to be my pop music influence.  Silly, relating to sex, and an abundance of unexplained attitude.  Here's hoping anyway. --

Johnny's going to sleep with Sam tonight
Just don't tell Steve I said
Johnny's going to text and say he's sleepy
Then sleep in Sammy's bed
And nobody's going to call him out on it
Nobody's going to say
He's full of shit

Nobody's going to say anything
Everyone's just going to laugh
And talk and chat and mock and scoff
And it doesn't seem absurd
Because Johnny does whatever Johnny wants
And nobody says a word

Hey Bed Hopper
Whose bed are you tonight?
What do you tell all the boys
When you're tucking them in at night
What do you tell the heartbroken
When you're breaking them up
What do you say
To the poor little gay
Who let you in his life?

Don't want to hurt you, honey
I'm going to be leaving soon
Don't want to leave you high and dry
I'm not good enough for you
I've got so much going on in my head
I can't wind up back in your bed
Please remember what I've said
Sorry Steve I gotta go

Johnny's going to sleep with Chris tonight
Don't tell Sam, okay?
He may have liked him yesterday
But today's another day

The shine's worn off
His Sammy doll
Now it's time to throw him out
He'd do it much more publicly
But that's not what John's about

He'll let him cry
He'll hold his hand
He'll hand him tissues
Till he understands

That Johnny's gotta go
Chris is waiting
Anticipating Johnny's body
Pressed up against him in bed
Red sheets
With red hearts
Red lights
All night
And Chris can't wait to start

So what do you say
Bed Hopper
How do you deal with Sam?
Kiss his forehead
Wipe away his tears
And hope he understands

You know you've meant so much to me
You know you've changed my life
I don't want to leave
But I have to leave
It would be wrong to stay the night

Johnny's going to sleep with Mark tonight
But don't you say a word
Chris would die
So you need to lie
And say you haven't heard

Mark was wearing that shirt tonight
And it caught Johnny's eye
You can't really blame him
Can you?
After all
He's just a guy

Mark got a text from Johnny
Saying 'Leave your door unlocked'
Johnny doesn't like that Chris gained weight
And now Mark's ready to rock

Chris, you're such a sweetheart
Chris, you're a great guy
I bet Sammy would love to have you
But for you and me
It's good-bye

Bed Hopper, boy oh boy
The boys are wising up
It's no surprise
They catch your eyes
But now they're catching up

Mark wouldn't return your texts
And you'd already talked with Chris
Sammy's dating Jordan now
And Steve just wants to kiss

Bed Hopper
What do you know
Now you're the one
Sleeping alone

Bed Hopper
You just hopped
Without looking
Where you'd land

You wound up
Falling right on through
But why are we bothering telling you
We're sure you understand

No comments:

Post a Comment