Saturday, April 25, 2009

The Boy Behind Me

There's a little boy behind me
He says he knows your name
He says you used to play
What did you play?
What did you play
With the little boy behind me?

What's his name?
Do you know his name?
He doesn't remember it
But he thought that you might
Would I be right in assuming
You've seen him before
Before I brought him up
Did he ever pop up
And make you stop
Stop what you were doing
Drop a glass
Drop a plate
Wait and see if he'd go away

I don't think he is
I don't think he's going away

There's a boy behind me
He's a little boy
A little boy
About eight years old
With pajamas on
And a teddy bear
Like Michael from 'Peter Pan'
Can you see him?
Because I can

He's behind me now
But he's not behind you
He'll be standing in front
Standing in your way
He was there yesterday
Wasn't he?

Well

He will be again
Is he your friend?
Did he used to be your friend?
Do you think you'll ever be able
To not see him again?
Because if you can
Maybe I can too

No comments:

Post a Comment