Saturday, April 18, 2009

He's in Paris

It popped up on my feed
So innocent
So calm
As if it was no big deal

'Jeff is in Paris'

Oh really?
Is he?
Is he in Paris?

And at first
I didn't freak out
I was relaxed
I thought
Okay
Maybe...
Maybe he's in...

Paris...Texas?
Paris...Ohio?
Paris...Ontario?

You know
Somewhere not fun
Somewhere not romantic
Somewhere stupid
But no

No
No
No

Paris, Paris
Paris, France
That's where he is
He's in Paris

Jeff
My Jeff
Is in Paris

And he's with her
Oh, yes he is
I can't check
Because he defriended me
But I would bet good money
That if I could check
His status would say 'Relationship'
And it would say 'With Dumb Slut Whore'

'In a Relationship with Fake Tits and a Smile'

That's what it would say
That would be his status
And there would be some stupid photo of them
Smiling and laughing
At some bar
At some friend's birthday party
And on his wall
It would have a comment from her
Saying--

'Can't wait for Paris, babe.  Love you so much.  I'm a whore!'

He's in Paris
He's in fucking Paris
Why didn't I get to go to Paris?
I had to put up with his shit
And I didn't even GET Paris
I didn't even get Paris, Texas
I got nothing
And she gets Paris?
Are you fucking kidding me?

You know
I should call him
I should call him and say--

Hey Jeff
If I had known
Blowjobs would get me Paris
I would have treated your dick
Like a popsicle in July
Not to be crass
But seriously
I would have
For Paris

He knew
He KNEW
That I loved Paris
He knew that I wanted to be an artist
He knew that I dreamed of seeing the Eiffel Tower
He knew that was when I wanted to be proposed to

Maybe that's why he didn't take me
Maybe he didn't want to propose to me
Not to me anyway
Maybe...

Oh my God
Oh my God

Oh...
Oh no...

Is he going to...
No, no, no
No, he's not
He's not going to...
Not in Paris
Not in my Paris
Our Paris!

Even if we never
Technically
Went there

He can't do that
He wouldn't
He wouldn't do that
That would be too dick
Even for him

But why
Why then
Did he go to Paris?
Why did he take her?
Did he take her?
Maybe he didn't
Maybe I'm overthinking this
Maybe I should have killed him
When I had the chance

Oh God
Oh God, I promise
I promise I will do anything
I will do anything
If you do not force me
To live in a world
Where this could happen
To live a life
Where I am not even
The goddammed lead character
Where I am the punchline
In someone else's joke

Please, God
Please do not let that happen
Please let him be going alone
Please let it be business
Please let it be a turning thirty crisis
Please let it be anything
Anything but what I know it is

Please don't let it be that train
Coming down the tracks at me
But I know I can't stop that train
I saw it coming before
And I couldn't stop it then
And I can't stop it now

I couldn't stop him
From falling out of love with me
I couldn't stop him
From meeting her
And realizing he liked her more
I couldn't stop him
From leaving

And I can't stop this
And I can't stop crying
And I can't not care
But something needs to stop this

Please
Don't let him be in Paris
Let me have read that wrong
Let me be wrong
Let me know how it feels
To be wrong
I don't understand people
Who need to be right all the time
All I ever want to be
Is wrong

'Jeff is in Paris'

Well
Gosh
That's just great

And what about me?
Where am I?
What should I say?
Where should I say I am?

'I'm...I'm here.'

Yeah, I guess I am
I guess I'm here
I guess that works

Okay

No comments:

Post a Comment