Thursday, April 2, 2009

The Man and the Balloons

-- Influence #9: The classic "The Boy with the Red Balloon." --

"The Man and the Balloons"

Regardez-moi
Regardez-moi tenant ces ballons.
Comme un imbécile.

Just like a fool
Like a child
No less
Nothing less
Than a small boy
Carrying a bunch of balloons

A group
A gaggle
A stranglehold
Of balloons

Ma mère a eu l'habitude de dire--

'Un ballon est un ange.
Un ange s'est transformé en petit orbe flottant.
C'est pour cela qu'il fait beaucoup d'efforts
Rentrer au Ciel. '

Little floating angels
I don't believe it
Pesky sheep is more like it
They go every which way
And delight everyone
Everyone other than me
A floating paradox
That's what I'm carrying around

J'ai acheté ces ballons pour la femme que j'aime.
Une femme qui ne m'aime pas.
C'est pour cela que je suis un imbécile.

The woman I love
Took one look at these balloons
And laughed in my face
She's a cruel woman
But what can I do?
I love her

Je l'aime comme une abeille aime sa pique.

For she will be the death of me

If I had a stinger
I would pop each of these balloons
The blue for how I feel
The red for my face
The green for the grass
The way it looked the day of the picnic
When I first caught sight of her
And she ran away

She's been running ever since
And I can't stop chasing
I'm like a balloon
Rushing into the sky
Knowing it take my life
But chasing all the same

Peut-être ces ballons
Me prendra avec eux

Up into the sky
Where she will look up
And see me floating
Thinking I'm the angel
The angel whose heart she broke
And she will worry
Worry that she might not get into Heaven

And my balloons and I
We will sail right into Paradise
Our broken hearts
Making the sound
Of a thousand balloons
As they pop

No comments:

Post a Comment