Sunday, August 8, 2010

The Invisible Boy in the Hall of Mirrors

I see the reflections
Bouncing off the reflections
Throwing themselves
Back at each other

It's like being in a forest
Of falling trees

I just can't see me

I can wall and halls
And scuffs on the floor
And doors and I can't
I can't find my way out

I can't see my hands
Or my eyes
Or myself

Is that me?
Is that you?
Is that the two of us?

I can't tell

I keep flipping
And trying to see
If I recognize anything
In here other than glass

I'm like the invisible boy
In the hall of mirrors

Trying to figure out
Where he went

Not aware that he's see-through
Or through being seen

Not aware that he's a freak
That he's a failure
That he's gone

That he's long gone

I keep bumping into things
That seem like paths
But end up being dead ends

I keep making cracks in the glass
Just so I know
It's glass

I keep calling for you
Hoping you'll find me
So I can stop running around
Trying to find a way out

But I can't see you
And I can't see me

And I'm lost

I'm lost

I see

But there's nothing

To see

No comments:

Post a Comment