Monday, August 9, 2010

A Room at the Biltmore

Excuse me, I'd like a room

Here, I have seven hundred dollars

That should cover a night, right?

Huh?

Well, I really wouldn't feel right taking change
Considering there are thirty-eight of us

Huh?

Oh, well, I guess we'll need a few more rooms then

I don't have a license or anything
Cause I'm only fifteen

I know, I look older

It's the blue sneakers
They age me

Huh?

Well, I don't have a credit card
But I do have this box full of cash

Some guy named Gabriel sent it to me in the mail

I think it's from that time I entered that radio contest
To win Shredded Plastic tickets and didn't win

I guess second place was a box full of money

I left some of it at home
But I can go get more
If you need it
But we really only need a room

The people who don't fit in the room
Can just wait down here
And we'll swap people out
To keep the party more interesting

Bro, we're not gonna like, break stuff
Not intentionally anyway

We just want to make out
And stuff

What? Is making out illegal?

Look, it's not like we're going to be here all night

Once we get bored
We're going to go to this diner
Where the waitress giggles

Seriously, she giggles
It's the coolest thing ever
It's the only reason we go there

We all went there last year after the freshman semi
And it was pretty awesome

Huh?

No, I don't know what I'm going to do with the rest of the money
I gotta ask everybody else

Since there's thirty-eight of us
I doubt any of us are going to be that rich
Once all the money is divided

Well, I know it got sent to me
But these are, like, my best friends

Everything I have is theirs

Besides, money doesn't last you that long anyway

You buy a house
You buy a few cars
You buy the love of Christina Marks
The hottest actress of all time
And then what do you have
Aside from the best 'how I lost my virginity' story ever

I'd rather share the money
And have fun with my friends

Kira says she wants to help her aunt Gina put an extension on her art gallery
Joey wants to move off Bernard Street
Brenna wants to buy her mother's love

And if I can make any of that happen
I'll be cool with that

I'd rather be cool than rich, you know?

So can I get a few rooms, man?

Nothing too fancy

We're simple people, after all

No comments:

Post a Comment