Tuesday, August 31, 2010

With a Naked Eye

With a naked eye
I can see what you're worried about
And I can see you see you shouldn't be
But whether or not you're blind
I still wish you were mine
With my naked eyes

I don't need a telescope
To tell you got two left feet
But if you need feet to step on
Well, come on, you can step on me
And we'll glide, glide, glide
As our toes intertwine

You can't swim, you don't need to
You can't cook, neither can I
We're both hiding in a well-lit room
Pretending we don't see each other
With our naked eyes

I'm afraid to touch you
I'm scared you'll disappear
I keep trying to pin you down
With visual contact
And see if I can keep you here

I don't love the way I should
But I love the best I can
And I know you've known better men
But this is all the man I am
And I promise I'll never look away

Keep an eye on me, please
And I'll keep one too

Maybe we'll find that screwing up is harder to do
When naked eyes are watching you

No comments:

Post a Comment