Monday, March 25, 2019

On a Hike, Be Back Soon

On a hike
Be back soon

Going somewhere
I’ve never gone before

Not sure
Not sure
Not sure if I’m coming back

Not sure
Why

Not sure why anyone goes anywhere
And comes back

I’ve never lived anywhere
That I didn’t want to leave

And I’ve never been anywhere
Where I didn’t think

Wow

This would be better

But maybe that’s normal

I wouldn’t know
I would have any idea what…

What normal is

I just know that
I’m going
Because I should have gone
I should have gone somewhere
Some time
A long time ago
And I didn’t
And I don’t…

I was going to say
I don’t know why

But I do know why

I was afraid

I was...afraid to go

So I didn’t

But I’m going now

Because now is as good a time as any

One day you wake up
And you look at everything in your life
That’s not what it should be

And maybe it’s not bad
But it’s not--right

And--

People
People who treat you
Ways they shouldn’t

And…

And…

And…

You just walk to shut the door
And put up the, uh, the--

The ‘Closed’ sign
And, uh…

Not worry about--

About what that means

So I’m going on a hike
And I’ll be back soon

But I don’t know
When ‘soon’ is
And I don’t know
Who I’ll be--

Who I’ll be...back as

Myself, maybe?

Maybe someone else?
Hopefully--someone else?

Every time I’ve ever left
I’ve always just--

All I’ve ever done is think--

I gotta get back
I gotta get back
I gotta get back

And now--

I don’t want to worry about that anymore

I don’t want to go
And worry about
When I’m coming back

I just want to go

I just want to go
And go
And go

And just keep going

People do that, right?

People go, don’t they?

Yeah

Yeah

I want to be someone

Like them

No comments:

Post a Comment