Sunday, April 21, 2019

All the Way Out of Lonely

I think my biggest accomplishment
I mean, if you asked me
Was--

That, um

For two or three years
After Keith left me
I was, uh, pretty lonely

Um

So for me to be sitting here
Tonight, you know
I’ve been here before
In this, this, this place of--

Feeling lonely

And, uh, but I know--

I know
There’s a way out of it

And, I--

I didn’t really know that
For a long time

Like know it know it

And I’m not sure
When I learned it

I guess it just…

Occurred to me
One day
That I wasn’t lonely anymore
Not--you know--not all the time
Like I was

And that might not sound like much
But, uh, for me, it was

It was a weight
Just the--

Just the realization
That I wasn’t
In that pit anymore, you know?

And knowing
That somehow
I mean, maybe it’s time--

It is
It is time

But it’s also me, you know?

I got myself out of it

If only because
I didn’t stop
I didn’t---try to stay in place

I kept moving
I kept talking

Jesus, I talked myself--

I never stopped talking

I talked until everything
I was worried about saying was said
And then there wasn’t anything else to say
So I had to do something

I must have done something

Because now I’m out of it

Not permanently
Not saying I could never go back, but…

At least I would know
At least I would know
I was there

Sometimes that’s all it is

Just knowing
You’ve been somewhere
And you’re not going to stay there
That’s…

That’s--sometimes that’s enough

I got myself out of lonely
All the way out of lonely

And, you know,
It’s not a career

It’s not a marriage
It’s not having kids

But it’s still something
Some people
Spend their whole lives
Trying to do
And, uh, you know
Not doing

No because of them
But just because--

It’s hard, you know

It’s really hard

And if I can get myself out of that
It’s like--

It’s like
What can’t I do
You know?

It’s like--

There isn’t anything

I can’t do

No comments:

Post a Comment