Tuesday, April 5, 2011

And We Don't Need Your Money

She says you won't pay for the wedding, Mr. Turner

And I don't blame you
Cause I'm a mutt
With dirty hands or whatever
And you think your daughter should have a king
And I don't disagree with you

The thing is, Mr. Turner
She disagrees

She loves me
And I ain't about to tell that girl
Who she should love

I may be stupid
But I'm not stupid enough
To turn her down
If she wants to love me

Now, we're gonna get married
And we'd love for you to be there
And to give us your blessing

But if you don't give your blessing
And you don't come
Then we're still gonna get married
And we're still gonna cut the cake
And do the chicken dance and all that
But your daughter's gonna have a broken heart

Because you're her whole world, Mr. Turner

Me?  I'm just the guy she wants to boss around
For the rest of her life

I don't need you to like me
And we don't need your money

I get by okay with my job
Landscaping
Believe it or not

But I want to tell your daughter that you paid for the wedding
And I want you to show up and walk her down the aisle and dance with her like you should
Because I don't know how many good days are ahead

Life's tough even when you're with the one you love
I know that, and I bet you do too

So I want to give her one day
Where she has everything she wants

And what she really wants
Is her Dad to be there
When she gets married

So you can keep your money
But can we have you there?

Maybe I'm no king, Mr. Turner
But that girl
That girl of yours

She makes me feel like one
She really does
And that's the truth

That's the God's honest truth

No comments:

Post a Comment