Monday, April 25, 2011

Everyday Words

I still catch your name
Like a song
In a net

I still wouldn't picture
You being that way
If I hadn't seen it
For myself

I still get messed up
When I hear certain songs

I still drive around
Looking for a house
Too expensive to buy

I still play on the East Side
Every Friday night

I still do
I still do

I still dance around
Like a fool in the dark

I still like the taste
Of my foot in my mouth

I still buy you gifts
And tear up the receipts

I still cook the dinners
That you taught me to make

I still do
I still do

I still guess the numbers
That might call you up

I still dream awake
And sleep aware

I still say it don't matter
When all I do is care

I still play it young
When it wants to be old

I still stay too quiet
When I want to be bold

I still got the bad moods
And the faded tattoos

I still do
I still do

I still see your name
In everyday words

I still wish I could see it
On a towel in my bathroom

See your picture
Right under mine

Get it right
For real
This time

I still hope to God that you got out alive
When it seems like only idiots
Were able to survive

I still say nostalgia's my worst drug
And I'd still go back to get you
If I knew how to do it

I say I would bring back you
And me
And everybody
We sunk with
And got drunk with

But I still like to hope
When I can't do nothing else

I still do
I still do

Do you?

No comments:

Post a Comment