Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Louie in the Street

Three o'clock and all is well

Well, you know, except for like--my life

Life is not well

Well, perseptively--is that a word?--Perspectively, life is...it's...

Fuck, I'm drunk

On a fucking Tuesday night, Wednesday morning

When does one become the other?

Who the fuck knows?

Don't you hate that moment
When everybody goes home?

When all the people
At all the parties
Head out
And go home
And sleep
And wake up
And it's like...

It's like tonight just didn't happen?

It's like we were all different people
Doing different shit
And none of it mattered
Because sunshine is bleach
And it kills every fun thing it touches

Tonight I was me
And tomorrow I'll be me

But tomorrow she'll be a girl
Who remembers some guy
Saying something to her
That might or might not have been a compliment

She'll go to her office
Or her studio
Or her whatever
And she'll try to put together
The pieces of tonight

Or maybe she won't even--

Maybe she'll just have her coffee
And her do her work
And not realize
That she changed some guy's life tonight

Some guy lying in the street
Waiting to feel daylight
So he can get up
And go back to his shitty apartment
And his fucked up nothingness
And finally do something
So that the next time he runs into a girl that great
He can have something to say for himself

'Til then I'm just Louie in the street

Louie looking up at the sky

Louie in the streetlight

Drunk Louie

Loser Louie

Louie Louie

I'll wait here 'til the sun comes down on me
I'll wait here 'til it erases me

'Til it makes me
Somebody else

No comments:

Post a Comment