Monday, April 18, 2011

Martha Stewart and the Hipsters

You know, I was the first locavore

It's true

I only eat things
That have been grown
Directly in front of my face

I'm currently looking at three tomatoes
Resting mere feet from my self-dug koi pond
Waiting for just the right moment
To strike

You know, you can make those ironic sunglasses you're wearing
Using the bottoms of a few plastic cups
After you've done playing beer pong with them

Does anyone else want a canape?
If you'll notice--

My serving tray
Has been made
By recycling an old vinyl copy
Of Huey Lewis and the News: Live in Detroit

They were so gauche
They were posh
Am I right?

Oh, and that Huey...

Dear me, it's almost four pm
We were supposed to be making our 'Fight the Power'
Origami t-shirts by now!

Have you ever worn carefully folded paper, kids?

It's an exhilarating feeling

After we're done with that
We can put sarcastic sayings on baseball hats
Using these stencils I've made

All sarcastic sayings look better
When done in the proper Arial font

Ah, you hipsters remind me of when I was young

Sticking it to the man
Making love to strangers
Frosting cake using a spoon
Instead of a pastry bag

Those were wild times

Thank goodness you all came over
To protest me dumping all those lace doilies
That didn't turn out right
Into the harbor

Although to be fair
You were only there
Because you were all throwing up into the harbor
After drinking too much at that Radiohead cover band concert

Vomit or lace--which do you think the ocean prefers, children?

Well, don't worry about it now

We've all made friends
And now we're going to take our herbal cigarettes
And turn them into potpourri holders

Now, doesn't that sound like fun?

No comments:

Post a Comment