Friday, April 8, 2011

Some Kind of Rich Man

I don't know everything but I do know more than some
You're always what I think of when I think of kind
Real dreamers don't dream about being rich
I'd sacrifice my life if I could die a better man
Would that even matter to you?
Would you get the gist of me?

Tell me, tell me
Do I appeal to you more than some?
Is there anything I can say to you
To make you see me as a different kind,
A different sort of man?
Keep in mind I'm never going to be rich

But the thing about a man who's rich
Is he can't love like me
I'm a bottom-of-your-pocket man
And I got more than some
A little less than kin, but a little more than kind
Am I getting through to you?

I see your eyes staring back at you
Filtering out the colors that aren't rich
Please, please, please won't you treat me like I'm kind
That's all you need to do to me
It'd be more than what was done by some
I'm a pale sort of man

But deep down there's an overflowing man
Rivers roll out underneath you
Leaving all the good stuff, and taking away the some
What's left over is naturally rich
Let's start over with just you and me
Finally able to say we are the kind
We are the kind
And I'm a kinder man
Look at me
Can't you see I'm seeing you?
No more word for rich
Nobody has more than some


I can finally see a kinder kind of you
This kind of man has got nothing to do with rich

Look at me having risen above some

If you didn't know me
You'd think that I was
Some kind of rich man

No comments:

Post a Comment