Tuesday, April 19, 2011

A Long Walk on the Bridge

I guess you wanted
To take a long walk
On the bridge, huh?

Fine by me, baby
Fine by me

Two plus two and three, you know?

You ever look over the side?

Of the bridge?

Ever take a peek?

I've peeked

I like to see how far up I am

I like to feel it

Being high up

I like the feeling of it

You getting tired of me, baby?

You thinking about leaving?

That's what walks on bridges are for, aren't they?

To have a long talk
To have a good long talk
And let somebody down
Easy

Is that what you're gonna do, baby?

You gonna let me down
Nice and easy?

And what if I got other plans, huh?

What if I got other plans for you?

For your walk?

For our little stroll over the bridge?

What then, huh?

Touché, baby, right?

Touché?

Bet you didn't know I speak French
Bet you didn't know a lot of things

Bet you didn't know I unloaded that gun in your pocket
Before we left the house

Don't bother checking, baby
You know I don't lie

Did I ever lie when I told you I was getting it?

When I told you I was going out
And what I was going out for?

Was I ever dishonest about it?

You thought this was going to be easy, huh?

Putting me down like a dog?

Thought I wasn't going to fight?

Thought I have no appreciation
No value
For life?

Nooo...no no no...you're wrong, baby

You're oh so wrong

'Cause see

I'd stick around

Just to get it

One more time

Just to feel it
One more time

I don't hate being alive
As much as I love getting it

So I gotta stay here, baby

But that doesn't mean you do

You don't have anything left to stay for
Do you?

And if you do
You shouldn't

I know I haven't given you anything to stay for

So what are you staying for, huh?

What are you hanging around for?

Who's giving you something to stay for?

You think 'cause I'm in it right now
I'm dumb?

I'm too dumb to load my own gun?

Too dumb to own one?

Too attached to do to you
What you were going to do to me?

Maybe I don't want your pity
Any more than you want me
As your burden

So why don't we keep walking, huh?

Why don't we forget all about this
And just keep
Walking

No comments:

Post a Comment