Tuesday, March 24, 2020

Murder Me, Please

I like to listen to the unsolved murders first
Because they make me really uneasy
And oh my god
I get so excited
Whenever they’re like--

‘...And after he left him bludgeoned
And half-dead
The killer escaped out the back
And was never seen again’

If you only knew
What hearing that does to me

My whole body just...shivers

Thinking about that criminal
Out there somewhere
Getting away with murder

It is...The greatest

I’m not, like, turned on by the violence of it
I just find that fear is a much better aphrodisiac for me
Then, like, you know--Love, or...affection

Like, I don’t want anyone to hurt me
But the thought of a psychopath running around
Trying to kill people gets my adrenaline going
And the next thing you know
I’m making my boyfriend put on a clown mask
While he reads Zodiac notes to me

By the way, there is an amazing new Zodiac podcast
Which I’ve already listened to
While I wait for the new season of ‘Neck Cutters’ to come out

That’s a podcast exclusively about
Killers who like to do neck stuff
Mostly cut, but sometimes strangle

I’m not that into strangling
Because it’s all aggression
Without any of the sex, you know?

Plus, I hate when people touch me

That’s why you have a knife, Mr. Murderer
You don’t need to use your hands
It’s going to take you forever to choke the air out of me
I have the lungs of a baby elephant
Because I used to swim when I was younger

You try strangling me
And we’re gonna be here all day

Once I’m done with the unsolved murders
I do the solved ones
As kind of a cool-down?

You know, we found him
Hiding in a caboose

We found him in the shed
Under the little girl’s bed
Brandishing a blunt object

Just the stuff that gets you to relax
You know?

Because they got the guy

Doesn’t do anything for me, personally
But it’s what I put on right before bed
That way as I’m drifting off
I hear that they found the Oakwood Marauder
And then I dream that, like, maybe he busted out of prison
Or an insane asylum
And he’s coming to find me
Because he wants one last kill

That’s how I get my best night’s sleep

After I listen a few hours of that a day
I’m usually feeling
Pretty good about myself
Because, you know
I’m not dead
And even if I do die
It’s probably going to be
Of something boring
Because no way am I ever
Going to be murdered
Because that would be way too amazing
And nobody I know
Hates me enough to murder me
No matter how mean I am to them
Because they think it’s just me being funny
When really I’m trying to push them over the edge

The great irony of my life
Is that I seem nice
When really I’m mean

And the only people who get murdered
According to these podcasts
Are the people who are really nice
And I can’t do anything about the fact
That I’m not nice
But only seem that way

This podcast I’m listening to now
Is all about this guy
Who would kill hitchhikers
And then feed them
To his cats
So I’ve been trying to hitchhike lately
But everyone who picks me up
Just takes me where I’m going
And then I’m like--

Great, now I need to take a Lyft
Back to my apartment
Near the railroad tracks

I keep calling into ‘Murder Me, Please’
But they won’t play my calls
Even though every single one
Ends with me begging someone to murder me
But, like, not too violently
Because again
I’m not really into that
I just want a quick one
With a long investigation
At the end of it

Then I can get my own podcast
Which is really the dream

The idea of not getting murdered?
Ugh

That can really

Keep a girl up at night

No comments:

Post a Comment