Sunday, March 29, 2020

What I'm Legally Required To Tell You About This House

So there’s what I can tell happily tell you
And what I can happily tell you
Is that this is a lovely neighborhood
Just so safe, so nice
Such, uh, great schools, uh, nearby
And everyone’s so, uh, friendly

So--what I can, uh, legally, tell you
About the house
What I, uh, have to, uh, tell you
Not that I wouldn’t
Even if I didn’t, uh, legally, have to
I like to be very transparent with people
Very, uh, upfront, so--

But also the law requires me
To, uh, be that way
So, let’s, uh--yeah

Well, in this beautiful room
With all the natural light
There are new windows
Because, the, uh, old ones
Were ripped out
By a woman who the neighbors called--

Angry Anne

Apparently, she was very, uh, angry
The nickname was not, you know, ironic
It was, uh, very literal

She was angry

And when she would get angry
She would rip things out of walls, uh,
And then light them on fire
Sometimes in the front yard
Sometimes in the backyard
The beautiful backyard
Where I said you could put a pool if you--

Well, so, I guess, uh, Angry Annie
Had a husband
Who the neighbors called--

Terrible Tim

And Terrible Tim, uh, his nickname
Was also, not, uh, ironic
He was, uh, terrible
And, uh, when he got mad
He would stop up the drains
All over the house
And then turn the water on
And just, uh, flood the place

So I guess you could say
Angry Anne was a fire sign
And Terrible Tim was a water--

Sorry, I was going to make a joke
But I can see you’re pretty disturbed
By all this

Well, so far, I haven’t said anything
That I’m legally required to say
I’m just giving you some background
For when I get to the part I have to tell you
So you can put it in a little, uh, context

So one night
Terrible Tim says something
To make Angry Anne mad
And she says something back
That, uh, he didn’t like
So he does his thing
Of flooding the whole house
And she does her thing
Of ripping things out of the--

She was very strong, apparently
Just, uh, ungodly strong
And, uh, she managed to
Rip one of the cabinets off the wall
Which is why we have these gorgeous
New cabinets in the kitchen

And, uh, she went to throw
The cabinet at him
But she lifted it over her head first
So she could really lob it
And instead, it fell on her
And, uh, knocked her just right
And, well, she, uh, died

They say she might have lived
But when she fell unconscious
She landed in the water
That was pooling up
All over the house
And so, she, uh, drowned
And when Terrible Tim
Who was upstairs at the time sulking
As his wife was drowning
Because he’s, you know, terrible

--By the way, we replaced all the carpet in here
I don’t know if you noticed--

Anyway, he came downstairs
And got very upset
And went to run and get help
Because he couldn’t my his cell phone
I can never find mine either
If I’m being honest
And so he went to get help
And boom!

Slips and falls
Hits his head
Drowns like his wife

The two of them
Just floating face-down in here
Until somebody called the cops
Because the water was pouring out
The front door

So yeah

That’s, uh, well it’s quite a story
You know
You could tell it at dinner parties or--

Yes, let me show you another listing
This is, uh, it might have a little too much
History

For you

No comments:

Post a Comment