Wednesday, August 14, 2019

Oops!...I Did It Again

I made so many mistakes
In college

Nobody saw it coming
Least of all me

This was back when I was
Really into Britney Spears

I mean, I’m still really into her
But, like, there’s just not as much
To be into
You know what I mean?

Just, like, in terms of content
No shade
Like, who am I to shade anybody?

I would, like, wake up
Turn to whoever was next to me
And be like--

That was fun
But you have to go
I have class

Even though I never had fun
And I never went to class

Then I would walk to the gym
And sit outside it
Drinking my coffee

Like, it felt good
To be near a gym
In gym clothes
So people walking by me
Would be like--

Oh, she goes to the gym

So I’d do that
For about
An hour or so

Headphones on
Listening to Oops!...I Did It Again
Which is the dumbest-greatest song
That’s ever existed
If you want to know the truth

After I was done with my coffee
I’d walk to the dining hall
And eat some Twizzlers
That was either lunch or dinner
Depending on what time I woke up

College was--

It was just a really
Confusing, but, like--

Miraculous time for me
You know?

Like, I can’t believe
I lived that way

I can’t believe
I’m still living that way

But, like, once you start
It’s so hard to stop

It’s not exactly an addiction
Because it wasn’t like
I was cooking meth
In my dorm room or anything
I just got really caught up in
Not giving a fuck
And loving Britney Spears

That’s just, like, who I was

And, you know, am

It was just great
To have someone
I could identify with
In terms of, uh, you know,
Not caring
And, also, being, like,
A fucking rockstar
And Britney was both of those things
For me

This was back before
People were, like, really worried for her

But I was never worried for her
Because I was, like,
If I can survive college
Britney can survive college
Or, like, anything else
She needs to survive

And I have, you know,
Survived
For the most part
Depending on what, like,
Your definition of ‘survival’ is

I mean, I’m not dead
So, like, de facto
I’m alive
A la surviving
So just
Like
Shut the fuck up, you know?

Not be to be confrontational
I don’t have the energy for that

I wouldn’t say I still make
As many mistakes as I used to
Because you have to regret something
In order for it
To be a mistake

That’s how I look at it

That’s, uh--

Yeah

What were we talking about?

No comments:

Post a Comment